Saturday, January 29, 2011

Maternity Clothes





I just went shopping with my mother-in-law the other day at Fashion Island. One of the best places to shop in Orange County, mostly because of the location, but it has some great stores. We hit some of my usual shopping spots: Forever 21, Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and some cute boutique stores they have. I couldn't find anything I was remotely interested in buying. I keep seeing the same styles over and over, the loose striped/floral/geometric shirt that hangs off the shoulder or billows out, making you like twice your size. I have a few of these shirts, and I enjoy the freedom and comfort they give, but I don't want to have a closet full of maternity clothes. I enjoy having a structured and fitted blouse/jacket/t-shirt that shows my actual size. Does anyone else share this same sentiment? Or am I missing out on this great trend?

2 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

i hear ya girl. i have/love some of those same clothes too. but at the end of the day some variety is appreciated. something flattering.

London said...

i feel the exact same way. i am tired of those shirts as well, they are supposed to be free and easy but i end up always being stressed when i wear them..tugging them this way and that...trying to get my garments to work with the shirt....its real annoying.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS