Thursday, March 3, 2011

G Free

These past two weeks I've been trying an elimination diet.  I've always had problems with food and my stomach's response to it.  So...I'm now currently on a gluten free diet.  It was hard to contemplate giving up some of my favorite foods, like fresh homemade bread, pasta, cookies, crackers, but thankfully there are lots of products out there that are made "Gluten free."  Unfortunately, not all "gluten free" items taste very good, but I'm glad there are a lot of substitutes.

My favorite substitute product I've found is gluten free frozen waffles.  So good!
Thank goodness for Bob's Red Mill, they have several pages of products, and they even have a bread mix that you can make in your bread maker.
I've gotten a hold of a few websites that have gluten free recipes, but I'm always looking for more and any tips on good gluten free food that anyone has tried.  Let me know if any of you have any recommendations!

3 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

my friend elise has a gluten free blog that you might want to try out. youandmeglutenfree.blogspot.com

Elise said...

bob's old mill isn't the greatest. TRUST ME! the more you go at it, the more you find better and better solutions. AND i am a big time pasta lover and was really sad about it- but like GF pasta even more than normal kind. You just have to learn to cook it right- it's like cooking rice or potatoes. You have to make sure not to over/under cook them or terrible results will occur!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! Keep us posted on your progress with it, and maybe we'll try it again!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS